The Lake Shore Kennel Club Inc. was organized by four dedicated couples in the year 1937 for the purpose of promoting and encouraging the owning, breeding and showing of pure bred dogs. The
Club became a member of the American Kennel Club (AKC) organization in the year 1946. Since
that time puppy matches and all breed shows have been given every year. Lake Shore KC became
incorporated on March 20, 1939 and was recognized as an organization exempt from Federal in-
come tax under the provisions of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, on April 17, 1958.